爵士黃金年代大師名盤 Oscar Peterson Trio - Live At The Opera House And At The Shrine Auditorium
爵士大師 奧斯卡 彼得森 與牛筋大師雷布朗 經典名盤
Featuring: Oscar Peterson (p), Herb Ellis (g), Ray Brown (b)
This superb CD contains two Oscar Peterson Trio concerts taped during J.A.T.P.’s last American tour in 1957. Interestingly, these two sets were not, in fact, recorded as indicated in their original LP releases. The first was issued as “The Oscar Peterson Trio Live At the Concertgebouw” —the famous concert hall in Amsterdam— but was recorded at the Opera House in Chicago.
The second comes from a concert at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles and not —as it was originally claimed— at the Opera House in Chicago. Details about the location aside, the quality of the music is undeniable, and the new mastering offers the best sound available today -the sound that Peterson-Ellis-Brown made so familiar and exciting. The rapport between the three men is outstanding, the swing devastating and the results fantastic!
01. The Lady Is The Tramp (Rodgers-Hart) (4:49)
02. We’ll Be Together Again (Fischer-Laine) (2:34)
03. Bluesology (Milt Jackson) (9:23)
04. Budo [A.k.a. “Hallucinations”] (Bud Powell) (4:38)
05. I’ve Got The World On A String (Arlen-Koehler) (6:41)
06. Daahoud (Clifford Brown) (7:00)
07. When Lights Are Low (Benny Carter) (4:13)
08. Evrev (Oscar Peterson) (4:47)
09. Should I (Freed-Wrong) (5:16)
10. Big Fat Mama (Millinder-Simon) (7:34)
11. Back Home Again in Indiana (Hanley-MacDonald) (4:07)
12. Joy Spring (Clifford Brown) (5:33)
13. Elevation (Mulligan-Lawrence) (3:25)
Total time: 69:42 min.
Tracks #1-8 originally issued on LP as "The Oscar Peterson Trio Live At The Concertgebouw" (Verve MGV 8268).
Tracks #9-13 from "The Modern Jazz Quartet and The Oscar Peterson Trio At The Opera House" (Verve MGV 8269).
The Oscar Peterson Trio:
Oscar Peterson (p), Herb Ellis (g), Ray Brown (b).
Tracks #1-8 September 29, 1957 at the Civic Opera House, Chicago.
Tracks #9-13 October 9, 1957 at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles.